Everyday life is the special occasion!

October 03, 2012

Box It Up - Part 1


As you may weel have noticed by now I am a huge makeup lover and [un]fortunately I have enough of it to clutter up the bathroom counter, drawers and my own bedroom. As my make up gets used everyday, though not all at the same time, obviously, it keeps being left scattered all over and I used to waste amounts of time searching for an eye pencil, a mascara or a blush by the time I had to be leaving home. When I finally met this Ikea box by chance I finally got it that I really needed to create a better space for my make up and start organizing
• First off all make up that had expired was tossed mercilessly;
• Then I sorted out the things that I simply never used either because they were bought on impulse or because they aren't flattering any more;
• I sorted makeup into categories and grouped them together - eyeliners, eyeshadows, foundation, powders, lipsticks, glosses...
• I washed all the brushes using Johnson's Baby xampoo in lukewarm water in the bathroom sink and let them dry naturally overnight.
• I separated lip and eye pencils into different containers to make the daily choice more efficient and quick and now have my most precious items displayed on this beautiful acrilic box!


Como já devem ter reparado por esta altura  eu sou uma apaixonada por maquilhagem e [in]felizmente tenho tralha o suficiente para desarrumar a bancada do lavatório da casa de banho, as gavetas e o meu próprio quarto. Como minha maquilhagem é usada todos os dias, embora não toda, ao mesmo tempo, obviamente, acaba sendo deixada espalhada por toda a parte e eu costumava perder tempos infinitos à procura de um lápis de olhos, de um rímel ou de um blush no preciso momento em que  tinha de sair de casa. Quando eu finalmente encontrei esta caixa do Ikea por acaso, apercebi-me que realmente precisava de criar um espaço melhor para a minha maquilhagem e de começar a organizar:
Antes de mais, tudo o que  havia expirado foi deitado fora sem piedade;
Então eu seleccionei as coisas que  simplesmente eu nunca tinha usado ​​ou porque tinham sido compradas por impulso ou porque já não me favoreciam;
• Ordenei a maquilhagem por categorias e agrupei-as - delineadores, sombras, bases, pós, batons, glosses ...
Lavei todos os pincéis utilizando o champô Johnson´s Baby com água morna dentro do lavatório da casa de banho e deixei-os secar ao natural durante a noite.
Separei  lápis de olhos e de lábios  em recipientes diferentes para fazer a escolha diária mais eficiente e rapidamente e agora tenho os meus artigos mais preciosos exibidos nesta linda caixa acrílica!














16 comments:

  1. Buenas noches..muchos makes buenos..me re gustaran..besosss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoro! Não consigo manter o meu material assim arrumadinho durante muito tempo, mas dava jeito... Grande dica, essa caixinha! ;)*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a perfect box and these products looks perfect. Love these colors and photos.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aida, I'm here sticked to the screen admiring your make up stuff!^^ As you know I'm also love it!! Thanks for the tip, I also got this problem and try to separate the different priducts, especially the brushes, one thing I didnt know was to wash with Johnson shampoo, I will for sure now!:) Kisses and have a good day dear!:**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ai que me fazes sentir tão mal por não ser mais arrumada, organizada e cuidadosa com a minha maquilhagem... mas como nem tenho muitas coisas... vou fingir que está tudo bem!!!;)
    http://fashionfauxpas-mintjulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. pff es genial, yo soy amante del maquillaje para variar!!
    www.cdlinfierno.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. pffff me encanta!
    soy muy amante del maquillaje para variar!!
    :D
    www.cdlinfierno.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really have a huge collection of make up ;)))

    www.lostinunderwear.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I super love this post. Thanks for the organization tips & the lovely pictures!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. adooooro!! perfeito:) obrigada pelo comentário:)) estou a seguir.te tambem no bloglovin:)) beijinho!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drooools! Such a great make up collection.
    Keep sharing cute stuffs.
    I followed your blog so that I can keep you on my list. I hope you can follow back

    fashionerza.com
    fashionerza.com
    fashionerza.com


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot for encouraging us to make order suggesting s
    o many good ideas!
    Kisses
    Cle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photos and I am now your official follower =)
    I did follow indeed follow you in the last but I changed my email so I lost your blog =( But extremely glad I found you again and following you back again and this time I wont be changing my email =)
    My Lyfe ; My Story

    @MyLyfeMyStory 


    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you've stored everything in the plastic box.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the same box, full of make up products too!!
    God bless IKEA

    ReplyDelete