Everyday life is the special occasion!

January 05, 2012

Organized Vanity

 

Ever since I was a little girl I have felt a dizzy fatal attraction towards make up products. My first flesh and blood reference in terms of make up artistry was my twenty-years-older-than-me sister who always had her long oval shaped nails polished in hot red and her eyelids coloured in light blue or emerald green( 80's - does it ring a bell?) and who was to me the biggest beauty icon I had ever seen. After her, or maybe before, came along the sultry TV actresses with long, thick, black eyelashes, flawless skin, rosy cheeks, vibrant red lips and long shiny hair and who immidiately became my muses and my most desired wannabe. I recall that back then, I would spend hours imagining the total make over of some women that I saw looking blant on the streets if I had the chance to get my hands on those miraculous products that had the magical power of turning frogs into princesses. Thanks to that, better saying, because of that, I've ruined my finances more often than I should have, but it was all in the name of a greater deed.Now that I own a vast collection of beauty items I struggle constantly with clutter drawers, I get on the nerves whenever I want to find a spefic item and it's nowhere to be found, I really need to get my stash better treated and I'm desperately urging to organize my vanity.Therefore, I'm in the hunt for:



Desde pequenita sempre senti uma vertiginosa atração fatal em relação a produtos de maquilhagem. A minha primeira referência em carne e osso em termos da arte de bem maquilhar foi a minha irmã vinte anos mais velha do que eu que sempre usou as suas unhas ovaladas pintadas num vermelho vistoso e que usava as pálpebras tingidas de azul clarinho ou verde esmeralda (anos 80, diz-vos alguma coisa?)e que era para mim o maior icon de beleza alguma vez visto. Depois dela, ou talvez mesmo antes, vieram as dengosas atrizes de cinema com as suas pestanas pretas longas e grossas, pele imaculada, maçãs do rosto rosadas, lábios vermelhos vibrantes e cabelos longos brilhantes e que imediatamente se tornaram as minhas musas aspiracionais.
Lembro-me que, então, eu passava horas a imaginar a transformação total de algumas mulheres desengraçadas que eu via nas ruas se eu tivesse hipótese de deitar as unhas naqueles produtos miraculosos que detinham o poder mágico de transformar rãs em princesas. Graças a isso, ou melhor dizendo, por causa disso vi muitas mais vezes as minhas finanças arruinadas do que aquelas que deveria, mas foi tudo em nome de feito maior. Agora que possuo uma vasta coleção de produtos de beleza debato-me constantemente com gavetas cheias de tralha, fico com os nervos em franja sempre que era encontar uma determinada coisa e não a encontro em lado nenhum, preciso mesmo de tratar melhor o meu arsenal e estou a necessitar urgentemente de organizar a minha vaidade. Por isso, ando à caça de:


 




No comments:

Post a Comment